Saturday, November 30, 2013

Latinos need to Plan NOW to Vote in the 2014 mid term Elections.

We need Immigration Reform. The 11M here -- most who have been here for decades -- since they were children, should be allowed to become Legal Citizens.
Most Americans agree.
Democrats agree.
Most Republicans do not.
Republican's version of Immigration Reform is to close the Border and make the 11M leave the country. They do not consider the cost of rounding up 11M people, incarcerating them - in prisons for months/years and providing travel for them to leave the country.
Additionally, most Republicans want to militarize the border with an electrified fence.
The most extreme (Rep Steve King) call Latinos animals.
We Latinos will NEVER vote for these Republicans.

There are a few Republicans that disagree and do support Immigration Reform. Governor Chris Christie told Latino Voters in his state that he agrees. That's why Latinos, in large numbers, voted for him. Let's hope he keeps his word.

I don't believe Congress will pass Immigration Reform in 2014. I don't believe Immigration Reform will pass until Democrats are the majority in both the Senate and the House. The only way this is possible is if Latinos vote in the 2014 mid term elections.

We need a grass roots campaign to get out the Vote!

1 comment:

Felix Jaure said...

Dee, I voted Democratic in the past Presidential election. Since then I've had a change of heart. Would I vote for a Republican at the present time? No! If I had a choice in the matter I would most likely scrap both political Parties and start anew.I feel that my rights are being threatened not only by the Right, but also by the Left who seems determined to take from me the freedom to practice my Christian religion. I love the lord. Maybe to some people he's nothing more then a mythology. The homosexaul community who vote democratic, and the A.C.L.U. seem to be taking control of the destiny of our religious freedom's

Page Hits