I am curious about President Bush´s actual agenda with his new "Crackdown on Illegal Immigration" initiatives. His initiatives are five-fold:
1. Enhance Border Security: increase BPs, add Detention centers, ban gang members, reduce overstays, travelers require passports.
2. Stricter Interior Enforcement: state aid to ID illegals, apprehend fugitives, reduce delays in leaving.
3. Work-site Enforcement: increase fines, criminal employer probes, secure IDs
4. Streamline Guest Worker Program: simplify agricultural programs, eliminate delays for non ag guest workers, extend for professionals who enter from Canada and MX.
5. Improve Existing Immigration System: Background Checks for legals, no SS credit
The biggest change is number 4. The rest seem like appeasement to the ANTI activists. However, number 4 is a great idea. I am glad the ANTIs are not in an uproar over it.