Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Life and Adventures of Santa - The Illegal Immigrant!

I saw Santa last night as he layed gifts under the tree!

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples so merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
He wore a sombrero and nice red suit
His white hair so fluffy, he looked very cute!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

Working so hard, Working to save!
Sending home dollars and always so brave!
I think he was illegal though I didn’t know for sure.
All I could see were his motives so pure.
No passport. No papers. He just dropped in.
I could hear the ANTIs say, “How dare him!!”


All the families received him just fine!
They embraced him and offered him wine.
I wondered if he heard all the rants!
Accountable for all illegals´accidents.


The Antis were angry! Would they post a website?
Would they call in Arpaio or ICE Raid tonight?
Thrown in a Detention Center with torture to bear?
Or jailed and forced to wear pink underwear?


I need not have worried. He was a wise man
This globalized guy. He did understand.
When he finished his work.
He filled all the stockings and turned with a jerk.
Then waving a finger, aside of his nose.
And giving a nod. Up the chimney he rose.
And as I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of site,
“Feliz Navidad to all and to all a goodnight.”

No comments:

Page Hits