Thursday, April 12, 2012

American Idol's Jessica Sanchez's Fate Proves Why It Is So Important to Register to Vote and to Vote!!


The best singer on American Idol was almost voted off tonight. As unbelievable as it may seem, she received the lowest number of votes. Even though she gave a flawless performance last night and the judges raved and raved about her performance, she received the fewest number of votes.
What is also bizarre are those that were in the top four. There were two country female singers who gave so-so performances and two white male "rockers" who gave less than stellar performances.
On the bottom 3: Jessica - a Latina-Phillipino amazing singer, Joshua - a fantastic Black singer, and Elise, a litter larger girl who gave a stellar performance.
I partially blame myself for Jessica's near loss. I didn't vote. I thought - for sure - she was a shoe in and America would surely recognize and vote for her. I thought I'd save my vote for the last weeks. However, that did not happen. For some reason, Jessica had the least votes, as unbelievable as that sounds. I AM VOTING NEXT WEEK! I ASK YOU TO DO THE SAME.
This goes to show all of us, we cannot sit out our votes.
As with the Presidential Election in 2012, we cannot sit out elections and believe the voting American Public will elect the best candidate. Those of us, particularly on the left and minorities often sit out elections. Somehow we think that our ONE VOTE may not count. But how many countless voters say this? How many voters sit out? Look at the 2000 election and the 2004 election. It was just a matter of a few votes that lost those elections.

We, the American Voting Public MUST VOTE in 2012. We should not and CAN NOT sit out this election. It is far too important.
Please. I beg of you ALL.
REGISTER TO VOTE -- THEN VOTE in the 2012 Presidential Election.

I AM VOTING IN THE 2012 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. I AM TAKING MY ENTIRE FAMILY TO THE ELECTION BOOTH AND TREATING THEM TO BREAKFAST AFTERWARDS.
I AM BEGGING EACH OF YOU NOT TO SIT OUT THIS ELECTION. TAKE YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY TO VOTE AND THEN TREAT YOURSELVES TO BREAKFAST AFTERWARDS. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT OBAMA!

1 comment:

LMJ said...

I see that your 5 years Anniv. is getting ever so closer for ITWAMA. Any Plans? Special Guests? Or should we wait for the best selling book to come out :)

Page Hits