Thursday, July 25, 2013

Juror B29: Zimmerman "Got Away with Murder!"

Juror B29 "Maddy" said today, "George Zimmerman got away with murder. But you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with. But the law couldn't prove it."

Maddy is a 36-year-old Puerto Rican nursing assistant and was the only minority on the six-person jury. She admitted she was the juror who originally wanted to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder, but eventually relented to the other jurors and said she was convinced the evidence didn't support a guilty verdict with respect to his claim of self-defense.

"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said. "That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it. But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."
She continued, "as much as we were trying to find this man guilty…they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it. I feel the verdict was already told."

However, as a mother of eight children, Maddy said she wonders if she made the right decision and says she owes Martin's parents an apology. "It's hard for me to sleep, it's hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin's death. And as I carry him on my back, I'm hurting as much as Trayvon's Martin's mother because there's no way that any mother should feel that pain," she said.

Page Hits