Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Soap Opera Politics Vol 1 Issue 21: McCain Woos Aging Bikers, his Homies.

STURGIS, S.D. — Vrrrooooom. Vrroom, vroom, vroom.Here at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the annual gathering of all things leather, Harley and free as the wind across an open plain, Senator John McCain came to ask for the votes of America’s bikers. “It will be a good day on election day if there are a lot of bikes parked outside polling places,” Mr. McCain said.The rally has been known for its wilder days but it, like its devotees, is getting on in years. .when the senator was finally introduced, they vroomed those engines, tepidly at first and then, with Mr. McCain’s encouragement, in a roar of approval. Mr. McCain’s message was a jumble of policy declarations and sharp slaps at his Democratic rival, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois. Mr. McCain noted that Mr. Obama had drawn tens of thousands to a speech in Berlin last month. “I’ll take the roar of 150 Harleys any day. Any day,” he said, to more roars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, when I think Biker... I think John McCain (lol)

Anonymous said...

He is just pandering to another group. First Hispanics and then bikers. Why the outrage when the hispandering didn't bother you?

Anonymous said...

I like hispandering because I am hispanic and my family has been here for over 200 years. Why do you
think I don't complain when he hispanders?

Anonymous said...

Wow, your family just so happens to have been here for 200 years just like dee's? What a coincidence, lol. Personally I wouldn't want any politician pandering to me because I am white. I abhor ethnic politics and those who expect them for their little tribal group. This is what is dividing our country. We should think of ourselves just as Americans in the political spectrum. United we stand, divided we fall.

Page Hits