Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Message to All My Viewers: Dee is Going National - Member of Panel at Netroots Nation!

Dear Viewers,
You know how shy I am!
However, I have allowed my fellow PRO-Blogosphere members to talk me into participating in a special National Event. If you are in Pittsburgh on Friday, please join us!

xxx ooo
Dee
PS: Remember I am a grandmother. Please be nice!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event: Netroots Nation Panel - Perspectives from Socal Change Blogosphere
Host: Kety Esquivel
Date: Friday, August 14, 2009
Time: 4:30 - 5:45 ET

Co-Panelists: My co-panelists are Kety Esquivel of NCLR, David Bennion of Change.org, XP from xicanopower.com, and the Prerna of DreamActivist.org.
Location: room 311 David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA

Formal Announcement: Announcement
Description: Seven years after the birth of Daily Kos, the social change blogosphere continues to expand its reach, engaging a growing audience and transforming the way individuals and traditional organizations communicate and work toward social change. Join us as we explore the dynamics of the social change blogosphere from civil rights/pro-migrant perspectives—those of National Council of La Raza, Change.org, Immigration Talk with a Mexican American, DreamActivist.org and ¡Para Justicia y Libertad!.

Remember:
I am a grandmother. If you do attend, be nice to me. Bring me a flower. Hand it to Kety.

8 comments:

Defensores de Democracia said...

Blogosphere means more Democracy !

The World should not be ruled by the Idiots of Fox News !

That is by Imbecility !!

Can you imagine the World without Bloggers ??

Believing in Hate Merchants of TV and Radio ???

Racists, Peddlers of Fear, WarMongers, DeficitMongers, DepressionMongers.

Can you imagine the Idiots that are inspired by "God" driving the Mobs and no bloggers to contradict them ??

Drag Queens of one millions faces and postures .... Exaggerated Grimaces, Winks, Frowns, Smiles, Grins ..... .... Slapstick Clowns !!

Ridiculous Histrionics !! Rehearsing Faces before the Mirror !!

These Drag Queens of Fox News can easily defeat Sarah Palin .... ( But not in Beauty and Sexy ! )

Raciality.com

Vicente Duque

pcorn54 said...

Do us proud Dee. I also received an invite from Kety but my schedule is so erratic, I couldn't accept, although I am in Pennsylvania at the moment.

Oh, and you may be a granny, but you are a force to be reckoned with

Defensores de Democracia said...

Congratulations Dee !

I hope that you become well known and that will bring visitors and traffic.

Vicente Duque

LMJ said...

Congrats Dee and a job well done, how exciting this is, I know you will do well

Anonymous said...

Go Abuela Go LMJ!

ultima said...

Congrats to Dee. The groups involved seem duplicative to me, representing only one point of view when you get right down to it. Would be a better meeting and forum if opposing views were given equal and polite attention. The participants will be preaching to the choir since no one else will be represented. There must be word for that kind of meeting and forum. I can't come up with it at the moment. At any rate, what is needed are a few raisins of reason into the tasteless dough of self-congratulatory pointless discussion of the neolibs and leftwingers who will be the only ones present.

I noticed that Obama said that health care reform was not about short term politics but rather what is best for our country in the long run. Applying that same standard to immigration reform would make the matter relatively simple. But I suppose we have come to accept double standards where Obama is concerned, one for the programs he favors and another for those other Americans favor.

Dee said...

Thank you everyone.

It is an open forum and I do not know what the audience feedback will be although it is a Liberal/Progressive type forum.

I know the Conservatives have many of their own forums similar to this.

But I do agree. It may be interesting to have a very Civil, quiet, ANTI vs PRO discussion. I wonder if that is possible. I know we've tried it on line and it worked, but I wonder if it could work in an open forum with an equal number of pro and anti voices both on the panel and in the audience that ALL remain civil.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Dee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never met you but I am SOOOOOO proud of you and thankful for all your hard work and dedication to the issue.

Page Hits