Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In this Passionate and Sometimes Volatile Immigration Debate We Should All Remember these Words of Peace!


The Prayer of St.Francis:

Make me a channel of your peace
Where there is hatred let me bring your love
Where there is injury, your pardon Lord
And where there is doubt - true faith in You

Make me a channel of your peace
Where there is despair in life - let me bring hope
Where there is darkness - only light
And where there's sadness - ever joy

Oh, Master grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled - as to console
To be understood - as to understand
To be loved as to love with all my soul

Make me a channel of your peace
It is in pardoning - that we are pardoned
It is in giving of ourselves - that we receive
And in dying that we are born to eternal life

2 comments:

Billie Greenwood said...

This is so true! I am often shocked at the hatred that drips from comments made on this topic. It seems the emotion deepens continually. Dialog yields more heat than light.

Dee said...

You are right BE.

Reading the comment sections of the local newspapers is very shocking. Some of the commenters are so full of hate.

I imagine it was the same type of environment during the Chinese Exclusion Act, the Trail of Tears, The Japanese Internment Camps, Operation Wet Back, and I know it was this way during the Civil Rights Movement.

This behavior reminds me of the definition of insanity.

Page Hits