This is an election year. There are hundreds of Congressional seats “up for grabs”. All Humanitarians and Latinos MUST VOTE this year. We cannot allow the Republicans to obtain a majority in the House or the Senate! Imagine the carnage if they win the majority!
When I think about the Republican Agenda, it is mind boggling to me how anyone could be Republican.Their agenda is so duplicitous:
1. Economy: They say they support an improved economy, yet they favor tax cuts for the rich. They favor de-regulation for big business. Under their last administration, they came in with the biggest surplus and, due to their programs, left with the largest deficit.
2. Christian Values: They say they support Christian Values, yet they support an agenda of HATE
3. American People: They say they are for the American People, yet they are against so-called “entitlement programs.” They want to end social security and medicare. In order to do so, their first plan is to raise the retirement age to 70.
4. Jobs for Americans: They say they are for American Jobs, yet they want to reduce jobs and cut pay for teachers, police and firefighters.
5. Immigration: They say they support legal immigration and it is not about being “anti-latino”, yet they support anti latino racial profiling bills like sb1070, they support a border fence ONLY on the Mexico border, they support a racial profiling sheriff (arpaio), his volunteer masked goons, his suppression sweeps, they support future immigration levels being reduced, but only from Latino or Minority countries, they support Official English only, they support Mass Deportation and approve of racial profiling of latinos; they call citizen latino children “anchor babies” and delivering babies – “dropping them”; etc. etc.
6. Constitution: They say they believe in and abide by the Constitution, yet this is only when it is convenient for them to do so. They advocate changing the Constitution’s 14th Amendment, and want to end birthright citizenship; They support racial profiling which is against the law.
7. Pro-Life/ANTI Womens' Choice: They say they are Pro-Life and want to end a woman’s right to choose, however they support the Death Penalty, they advocate wars (e.g. Iraq – no WMD), they advocate assault weapons. They also advocate using torture on prisoners, violating the Geneva Convention.
8. Pro-Marriage/ANTI Gay Marriage: They say they are Pro-Marriage between a man and a woman, and they rally against Gay Marriage, yet they have the highest rate of members who engage in illicit affairs with male pages, interns, prostitutes and strangers. (eg: larry craig; mark foley, ed schrock; Charlie crist, jim mccrery, david dreier, etc )
9. Intelligent President: They claim they support intelligent candidates for the Presidency, yet they nominated Sarah Palin for VP.