With the courts agreeing with President Obama re: Immigration, the Republicans have decided to step up their efforts with their True Agenda: Get Rid of Latinos NOW by any means necessary.
The goal of Many Republicans and ANTI Immigration Reform Extremists is not just the passage of sb1070. That racial profiling law is merely the first step. Their actual goal is to STOP the Census Bureau's prediction that we will become a majority minority country by 2040. These radical republicans want to turn the tide now. They want to reverse the trend and rid themselves of as many Latinos as possible. Their method is:
1. Immigration: Mass Deport Undocumented Workers; Create Laws to ensure the undocumented deport their citizen children with them; Criminalize their Latino Friends & Families; Ramp up Racial Profiling (eg: suppression sweeps in Latino Neighborhoods as Arpaio does in Maricopa County) so that Latinos will self deport themselves and move out of the country.
2. Immigration: Reduce the number of Legal Immigrants from Latin Countries while increasing the number from white Northern European countries.
3. 14th Amendment: Change the 14th Amendment to remove the Birthright Citizenship clause (Jus Soli) and instead adopt a Blood Relationship clause (Jus Sanguinis). Countries, such as Germany, adopted this clause during the Hitler regime. Additionally Russell Pearce has submitted a bill before the AZ legislature to deny Latino citizen children their Birth Certificates at birth.
4. Make Spanish Illegal: Pass Official English so that all government documents are in English Only; Deny interpreters in any government office; Make it illegal to use Spanish in any government office or voting booth.
5. Seal the Southern Border: Build a 2000 mile wall at the Southern Border only. It doesn't matter that terrorists and the diseased have entered the country from the Canadian Border or through legal ports/terminals of entry, their goal is to seal the Southern Border only.
These Republican extremists are often members or associated with racist, white nationalist hate groups like FAIR, NumbersUSA and CIS; many have affiliation with the NSM (Neo-Nazis) and other racist extremists.
As proof of all this, here is what AZ Sen. John Kyl is saying about changing the 14th Amendment:
Kyl: Illegal Aliens' Kids Shouldn't Be Citizens
Sen. John Kyl, R-Ariz., said today that Congress should hold hearings to look into denying citizenship to illegal aliens' children born in the United States, as the fight over immigration widens into the explosive "birthright" issue. Kyl told CBS' "Face the Nation" that he supports a call by fellow Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., to introduce a new amendment to repeal the 14th Amendment of the Constitution. Support is growing (among Republicans) for this stunning reversal from Graham. The 14th Amendment was enacted in 1868 to ensure that states would not deny citizenship to former slaves. It reads, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." Arizona's Republican State Sen. Russell Pearce - the architect of the controversial immigration law sb1070 - that was largely struck down by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton - also separately proposed the same measure.
Kyl attempted to defend his view: "The 14th Amendment [has been] interpreted to provide that if you are born in the United States, you are a citizen no matter what. So the question is, if both parents are here illegally, should there be a reward for their illegal behavior?" Kyl said Congress should hold hearings and invite constitutional experts to look at the state of the 14th Amendment. The growing support for the issue suggests the Republicans are exploring different strategies to fight the Obama administration's victory over the Arizona immigration law, after Bolton issued a preliminary injunction on key provisions.
Kyl is a supporter of the racial profiling bill sb1070: "I think the court's decision was wrong. The governor and legislative leaders have talked about possibly tweaking - to use their phrase - the law to see if they can obviate the concerns the judge expressed. I don't think they can because her decision was very sweeping. I think it more likely that Congress could act to actually fix the problem," Kyl said, "by reaffirming that it is Congress' intent that the law be enforced, rather than having the administration decide that they don't want to thoroughly enforce the law." Kyl alleged his support of the law has to do with illegal aliens taking jobs that Americans want; his opinion is immigrants pose a burden on the state in the form of education, medical care and welfare benefits; and crime.
Repeating his opinion, Kyl said: "To me the most important thing is the crime associated with it - not necessarily committed by illegal immigrants but committed on illegal immigrants, as well as the roughly 15 percent of the people who cross the border each year illegally who are criminals."
But this week's "Face the Nation" host Harry Smith correctly pointed out to Kyl that the crime rate has dramatically DECREASED in correlation with the arrival of immigrants. "Crime in Phoenix, for instance, has significantly declined over the last couple of years," Smith said.
However Kyl again expressed his biased opinion with no statistics to prove his opinions: "That's a gross generalization, Property crimes are up. Certain violent crimes on certain parts of the citizenry are up. Phoenix is a very large source of kidnapping. It's (wrongly) called the kidnapping capital of the United States because the illegal immigrants who are brought to Phoenix for distribution throughout the country are held in drop houses. They are mistreated, horribly treated." Kyl opined saying sb1070 is not discriminatory. He disingenously asserted: "But if you live here in Arizona you'll appreciate the fact that we have a great tradition, particularly with our neighbor to the south, Mexico. It's not a matter of being anti-Hispanic. It's a matter of wanting to enforce the law."